A well established Bessemer City manufacturer is in need of an individual to train on CNC Turning and Milling equipment. Commitment to quality and customer service is this company's motto and they seek the best talent to build for the future!
Hours: 2nd shift, 3 pm- 11pm Monday- Friday. With a paid lunch.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set-up and operate computer numerically controlled mill machines to perform turning operations on a variety of materials. Parts machined to exacting tolerances and specifications
- Makes all edits and adjustments as required to produce parts to work orders/blue print specifications/sketches
- Read and analyze process sheets, tool sheets, blueprints, dimensional specifications and set requirements. Use proper programs and tooling
- Inspect parts to verify conformance to specifications using a variety of gauges and micrometers
- Adjust machine controls and tool setting to insure dimensions meet specific tolerance
- Compute unspecified dimensions and machine settings using knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics
- Provide troubleshooting skills to problem programs and parts
- Complete paperwork, accurately, relating to counts, scrap, time, etc according to Company policy
- Perform duties exercising good machining practices at all times
- Maintain area, equipment, and tooling in a neat, orderly condition including operator maintenance sheets
- Observe all Company policies, rules, and regulations including good housekeeping, safety and security