PSU has an opening for a Quality Plate Inspector. This position performs a wide variety of tasks connected with the inspection of materials received, gauges, incoming plates, in-process plates, and final inspection of metal products to ensure conformance with work orders and diagrammatic/template specifications. This is a 1st shift position with hours 7:00 pm to 3:00pm, Monday through Friday. Must be willing and able to work overtime, including some weekends as requested.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Inspects all production material as received (if necessary).
- Inspects in-process and completed work to determine whether or not the material is within specifications as to gauge, size, type, surface condition and flatness.
- Uses various instruments, gauges and measuring devices, including micrometers, tape measures, vidigages, hardness testers, etc. regularly when inspecting the calibration and inspection of all measuring devices used in production.
- Considerable judgment is required to determine suitability and acceptability of materials.
- Works closely with the Quality Manager in the performance of duties.
- Occasionally works with helpers when inspecting large plates and sheets and will give necessary instructions to the helpers at such times.
- Reports time and other job information as directed. Completes Inspection Reports, Rejected Material Reports, and other similar forms, and maintains necessary files for reference purposes.
- Maintains a satisfactory level of productivity and may from time to time be called upon to perform work of a lower level of skill than that normally performed, based on workload demand. May also be assigned to do work of a higher classification as a trainee or as a temporary assignment.