Personnel Services Unlimited is seeking a motivated and reliable workers with a good team attitude, ability to learn and work in a fast paced environment. You will be on your feet for eight hours, spot welding custom formed and assembled commercial products.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Places proper spot welds on the required sections of the material or component according to job specifications.
- Adjust equipment for automatic timing of current.
- Examines welded components to detect defects and make adjustments on the spot welder as necessary for different materials
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Report immediately to supervisor/lead/manager any and all problems, which may affect safety, equipment, tooling, and/or quality.
- Maintain full working knowledge of all processes.
- Ensure a clean and organized work environment.
- Adhere to all company standards and policies.
- Conduct himself/herself in a professional manner in accordance with company guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledgeable in the thickness of different metals.
- Must be able to set up and make adjustments on the spot welder, including inspecting spot welds to determine the proper level of heat applied.
- Ability to operate machines including, but not limited to bar code reader, computer terminal, other electronic devices, and forklift.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications and the capacity to learn new systems.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Tenacity in overcoming obstacles while maintaining productive and positive working relationships.
- Have a high school Diploma or GED
Hours for this position are Monday through Thursday 5am - 3:30pm. Fridays 5am- 2:30pm