We have an opportunity with a local auto parts manufacturer.
That needs a plant worker to drive a company owned van to deliver parts, equipment, tools and accessories for motor vehicles to customer.
This is a Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm position. NO overtime.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Safely deliver auto parts in perfect condition to local Shelby, NC customers in a company owned vehicle.
- Prepare the order. Pick and pull parts from warehouse to fill orders.
- Load truck with auto parts to be delivered and unload merchandise.
- Review all merchandise for quality and accuracy prior to delivery.
- Drive and keep company vehicle clean and presentable.
- Assist with warehouse duties as needed (e.g., put away stock, clean, etc.)
- Can operate a forklift.
- Accurately record all deliveries and pickups made.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma required
- 1 year of delivery experience
- Ability to exercise judgement and to work independently
- Must maintain a valid driver's license in the state of North Carolina. With a clean driving record.
- Needs to have sufficient math skills for counting parts.
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and stooping.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- Lifting of heavy equipment of up to 40 to 50 pounds.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.