Personnel Services Unlimited has an opportunity for a Fiber Prep Fixer with a large manufacturer in Shelby
Scope: The Fixer position is responsible for performing minor repairs and adjustments to the equipment associated with the production of Fiber prep material.
- Monitors production process to help diagnose equipment malfunctions.
- Sets up equipment to product requirements and makes adjustments as needed.
- Assists fiber prep production engineer and production supervisor.
- Performs preventative maintenance on support equipment.
- Assist maintenance technicians with repairs to equipment.
- Conducts trouble-shooting and problem solving on process and quality problems.
- Advises supervision when a process or quality problem is identified.
- Performs housekeeping duties
- Follows job safety analysis at all times.
- Reports any unsafe conditions to supervision.
- Performs each job duty correctly every time.
- Performs other duties as directed by supervision.
- Blades will be replace every shift, to include, the use of wrenches to change out bolts on blades.
- Will be provided with a Tyvek suit, safety glasses, gloves and tools.
- Manufacturer will provided on the job training for this skill set.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 40lbs.
- Must own steel toe shoes.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous manufacturing experience.
- Helpful to have some forklift and welding experience.
- Be able to speak and understand English.
- A team player
- Must be Reliable, Accountable and have Outstanding Work Attendance.
This is a rotating 12 hour shift. 8am to 8pm. Work 2 day/ 2 nights then off 4 days.