Personnel Services Unlimited -Gastonia, NC has an outstanding job opportunity with a great organization for a Finance Specialist.
Finance Specialist Duties:
Computerizes, classifies, records, verifies and maintains numerical data for use in maintaining financial records. Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Associate Degree in Accounting, Management, Human Services or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience/skills in Bookkeeping, Accounting, Budgeting, Internal control and use of computers are necessary.
- Must be well organized, self-motivated, attentive to details, and have excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Must have a vehicle along with a valid NC driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Monitors expenditures and cash and prepares documents for draws of funds.
- Prepares Administrative budget and amendments and assists the Executive Director and Board of Directors in the preparation of other budgets.
- Processes check requests, ensures correct account coding, verifies Recurring Invoice/Payment Requests (RIPR’s) and purchase orders, submits them to the Multi-Partnership Accounting and Contracting (MAC) site, and distributes checks.
- Verifies and sends Comprehensive Budget Sheet (CBS) to MAC site.
- Serves as custodian of property and equipment, maintains inventory list, and tags items.
- Verifies all documents provided by the MAC site including Financial Status Reports (FSRs), trial balances, check registers, and general ledger, and provides accurate, timely information to the MAC site.
- Prepares all journal entries, verifies coding, and transmits to MAC site.
- Oversees deposits and security of funds, verifying all deposits.
- Verifies cash balances and manages cash flow.
- Performs reconciliations of cash receipts logs, deposits, bank statements, petty cash, etc,
- Assists in developing new procedures and policies as needed.
- Manages the cost allocation plan.
- Projects expenditures and compares to budgets and cash balances.
- Furnishes assistance and information for the audit.
- Serves as liaison with payroll service verifies time sheets, and transmits payroll information, and reconciles salary, wages, and employer FICA in the general ledger.
- Files all necessary state and federal documents, including refund of sales and use tax, IRS Forms 1096, 1099 and 990.
- Maintains secure financial files including RIPR’s, check copies, supporting documentation and check registers.