Waste Water Technician- Part-time
Responsible for assisting in the operation of the waste water facility and environmental laboratory.
Will relieve waste water technicians for vacations and absences.
- Has basic understanding of all equipment associated with waste water processing, including pumps, clarifies, belt press, chemical mixers and computer controls, in order to monitor equipment.
- Basic knowledge of physical, chemical and biological processes in order to inspect and monitor treatment conditions. Inspects treatment process on a daily basis. Mixes chemicals as directed. Assists in unloading chemical tank trucks.
- Handles a variety of chemicals and hazardous materials. Reports unsafe conditions to supervision. Initiates emergency response team.
- Must be qualified for confined space entry
- Follows Job Safety Analysis at all times.
- Collects waste water samples, stream samples and others for laboratory analysis using prescribed techniques and equipment.
- Performs laboratory testing, using written procedures, on schedule for processing monitoring and reporting to the NC Dept. of Water Quality, including temperature, pH, oxygen content, conductivity and others ans directed.
- Reads daily entries in narrative log book and makes entries regarding process conditions
- Performs housekeeping in assigned areas.
- Operates plant vehicle off site as needed for stream monitoring and training.