PSU- Shelby has a wonderful job opportunity with a local Cleveland County manufacturer for an experienced person to operate commercial winding machines.
Fiber winding and bundling process of fiberglass and the ability to perform general Fiber Production duties.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Have a general understanding of the Fiber Production Winding and Bundling process
- Notify Senior Area Operator, Technical specialist, and shift Supervisor of any disruptions, deviations or unusual circumstances within normal fiber production.
- Maintain a safe environment.
- Follow all safety policies and wear proper PPE within the required areas.
- Assist Senior Area Operators in maintaining Fiber Production objectives.
- Ensure quality procedures are followed.
- Maintain general housekeeping of working area and plant.
- Regular attendance and maintaining a good attendance record is an essential function of the job.
- One year certificate from college or technical school;
- three to six months related experience and/or training;
- equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, and interpret graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Manufacturing software.
*This will be a 12 hour Swing shift.**