For more than 35 years, the staffing experts at Personnel Services Unlimited, Inc. (PSU) have been matching quality candidates with top employers in Western North Carolina.
PSU is an independently-owned staffing and recruiting firm headquartered in Shelby, NC, with branch offices in Gastonia and Forest City, NC.
Whether you’re looking to take the next step in your career, find temporary employment or you need a more flexible schedule, PSU will match you with an opportunity that meets your needs.
Personnel Services Unlimited- Forest City has an opportunity with a local Rutherfordton NC, manufacturer who is actively seeking [2nd shift] Commercial Machine Tool Assemblers. The ideal person will produce components in an assembly environment that will require the ability to: read blue prints, set up machinery, perform washing operations, do thorough quality inspection of their work and perform packaging operations.
- Obtain and read appropriate blueprints for product being produced.
- Obtain required parts and/or sub-assembly components.
- Verify all parts and components match the order or part number for the assembly.
- Set up assembly and/or packaging machinery per specific work instructions and training documents specific to that machine or operation.
- Perform ring washing operations per specific work instructions and training documents (if applicable).
- Perform assembly of components per specific work instructions and training documents for that part or order number.
- Perform quality inspections per work instructions and training documents.
- Perform packaging operations for bearing assemblies per work instructions and training documents.
- Laser mark component per training document.
- Safety - daily participation and involvement in individual and team safety responsibilities such as Behavior based Safety, housekeeping practices, chemical labeling, and proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Follow work instructions / training documents specific to each assembly, inspection, and packaging operation.
- Perform daily and / or weekly checks.
Skills and requirements:
- Have manufacturing/ metal working or grinding experience.
- Technical experience background.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Required - Background check and drug screen.
- Perform 8 hours of standing/walking.
- Able to lift parts weighing up to 35lbs.
- Pass eye exam
- Complete company required testing.
Work schedule: Long term temporary positions. 2nd Shift
Benefits: Personnel Services Unlimited offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Low cost health insurance
- Direct Deposit
- Attendance bonuses
- Referral bonuses