The Estimator position will supports the sales effort as relates to information, quotations, and cost estimating.
Customer service duties:
- Provides pricing to customers not in contact with a sales person.
- Coordinates drawing creation with Drafter for parts if the customer does not supply one.
- Performs other customer service functions as required (which may include constructing customer proto-types.
- Interact with customer/engineer to determine specifications for product
- Maintains material pricing and labor rates in estimating software.
- Reviews actual job costs versus estimated job costs with Sales Support Manager.
- Maintains request for Quotations.
- Maintains cost estimates.
- Maintain records of estimating procedures for each quoted product.
- Create formulas on Microsoft Excel to assist in complex estimating calculations.
- Exhibit working knowledge of materials and shop floor work center processes.
- Maintain working knowledge of industry-standard materials and processes.
- Make recommendations to Outside Sales/Customers based on application requirements.
- Coordinate with production to ensure fabricability of new products
- Create and maintain cutting markers using CNC software
- Maintain and update software as required.
- Use knowledge of production processes and material characteristics to determine best cutting patterns.
- Update markers according to shop and customer revisions.
- Create and maintain workflow routers to ensure parts are fabricated to customer expectations
Engineer and Measure Field Equipment:
- Travel to sites to survey actual items to be insulated
- Accurately record measurements of items
- Create and keep records of Field Reports for site visits
- Develop concept, create design
- Experience in field measure up, estimating, and drawing takeoffs
EDUCATION &/or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience of at least 3-5 years of estimating for manufacturing
- Ability to read blueprints/drawings
- Advanced MS Office skills including Word and Excel are required. Proficient in PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of CRM such as Salesforce
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems such as Global Shop
- Ability to multitask
- Experience with Solid Works