For more than 35 years, the staffing experts at Personnel Services Unlimited, Inc. (PSU) have been matching quality candidates with top employers in Western North Carolina.
PSU is an independently-owned staffing and recruiting firm headquartered in Shelby, NC, with branch offices in Gastonia and Forest City, NC.
Whether you’re looking to take the next step in your career, find temporary employment or you need a more flexible schedule, PSU will match you with an opportunity that meets your needs.
PRESS BRAKE OPERATOR
Personnel Services Unlimited is currently interviewing for Press Brake Operators for one of out top clients in Cherryville, NC.
- Press Brake Operators will be employed as temporary, and will become permanent after completing necessary work hour requirements.
The Press Brake Operator - operates a press brake machine to bend or form metals to meet customer specifications and production requirements following engineering documents.
- Layout and load materials using measuring tools
- Perform part inspections and quality checks
- Support all continuous improvements in safety and quality
- Communicate any issue that may prevent production flow
- Abide by company policies and procedures, including the use of PPE
- Maintain clean work area
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to checks height, depth, and thickness using quality control tools
- Knowledge of basic math
- Understanding of finished part characteristics
- Knowledge of lock out/tag out procedures
- Dexterous with use of hands to grasp and pull material
- Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Contact with metals and lubricants
- Exposure to moving objects such as; machinery, mechanical parts, forklifts, and carts
- Exposure to hot and cold temperature when working in areas of the building that cannot be temperature controlled
Education and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have experience with press brake (metal fabrication) 2 plus years
- Background check and drug screen required.
- 2nd Shift- Monday- Thursday.
- 4:15 p.m.- 4:45 a.m.
Benefits: Personnel Services Unlimited offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Low cost health insurance
- Direct Deposit
- Attendance bonuses
- Referral bonuses
- $13.00/ hour. Pay rate will increase depending on experience.
- Mandatory Overtime at 1.5 times regular pay.