You are currently viewing our Staffing Division job opportunities.
To search professional positions click here
Personnel Services Unlimited
Job Category: Manufacturing
Job Number: 143780
Pay Rate: 13.00
Personnel Services Unlimited- Gastonia office, is hiring a Utility Operator for a local Gastonia state-of -the- art manufacturer of nylon wrap tape and reinforcing fabrics.
UTILITY OPERATOR/2nd & 3rd/$13.00/hr
*Reports to: *Production Manager - Filament
- Cycle looms, stage and load warps.
- Monitor Warp-Out board to determine which warps are out and need to be loaded.
- Weigh waste cans and boxes, document weights and empty as needed.
- Shrink wraps knit rolls and ensure doff tickets and other information are in place and legible.
- Stage Knit rolls in designated area to be shipped to the next process.
- Clean and maintain work area, yarn staging areas, can staging areas and areas around the walls in filament department.
- Clean wheels on Nylon and Strapping cans and replace them as needed.
- Transport and stage cans and crates in their designated areas
- Replace furnace filter median as scheduled.
- Weigh waste weekly, record weights on proper waste truck documents, and load waste onto waste truck.
- Assist Shift Lead person and Technicians as needed.
WORK HOURS INCLUDE
- 2nd Shift | 3pm-11pm
- 3rd Shift | 11pm -7am
- Possible Overtime on Weekends
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to read, write, and understand basic communication and directions.
- Ability to read a ruler and measuring tape and record measurements.
- Ability to follow work schedules including modified shifts and possible overtime
- Ability to do basic math as well as minor computer skills
- Must have good analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to stand for the duration of shift (8 - 12 hours)
- Ability to bend, stoop, crouch as needed to lift yarn packages.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds repeatedly
- Ability to work around print dyes and chemicals.
- Ability to perform tasks at a safe, quick pace.
- Forklift License (can obtain after employment)
- Prior Manufacturing experience required.
- Ability to prioritize daily activities will little direction.